Saturday 3 March 2012

The rest of Friday

when I popped home at lunch time the cleaner was in and Rodders was already out in the garden, he didn't even hear me come in the door, chat to Skevi or walk through the house and open the patio door. Once he did spot me he was very excited and came running over for a cuddle.

Rodders was very good when it was time for me to go back to work, I asked him to sit and stay as I told him I had to go to work and gave him a treat before heading out of the door. He didn't make a peep.

As soon as I got home I changed in to my dog walking jeans and we headed up to the rugby field and on to the Nicky Line. We walked parallel to the rugby field with Rodders off lead and he was a very good boy, coming back to me when called.

We came on to the rugby field by the 5 A Side pitch and Rodders had a scamper about on the grass. He loves being off lead but there is something extra exciting about being off lead on grass. When I called him back to me to slip his lead back on he came full pelt with his ears flapping.

There were a couple of people out on the field with their dogs already, a lab and a young German Shepherd, and I wasn't sure how Rodders would react. Once we were with them it was obvious that they all wanted to play so I let Rodders off again. He was having a great time chasing about after the other 2 dogs although the German Shepherds owner was a bit worried that he was being a bit rough, he may have been but Rodders kept his tail up and kept going back for more. They played for about 30 minutes before we all went our separate ways.

I don't think that Rodders has anything wrong with his tummy but in the 45 minutes that we were out he managed to poo four times! All quite firm and normal, but a lot of it.

Once back home Rodders had a play in the garden and his tea before we settled down on the sofa for a while. This cold has taken it out of me a bit and I was cream crackered after a couple of days back at work.

I was making poached eggs for my tea and managed to break one so Rodders got an extra treat. He was really funny, he wouldn't eat it out of the bowl unless I held it up for him but lapped it up eagerly when I did.  He usually gets fed just outside the kitchen door and I out the eggy bowl down there while I served up my dinner. Rodders was in the kitchen at that point and when I went and sat at the dining table to eat he stayed there barking at the bowl just outside the door. The silly puppy would not come out the kitchen until I got up and lifted the bowl, I have no idea what that was about!

No comments:

Post a Comment