Sunday 18 March 2012

Rodders gets a treat

It is Mothering Sunday and Rodders got me a card! How clever is he???? I would have been happier if it contained some sweeties for me but he had put kibble in it! Never mind, I can't complain too much, at least I got one.

I had to go food shopping and while I was out I managed to get Rodders some Chicken Wings. I have been toying with the idea of changing him to a BARF diet (Bones and Raw Food) as he really does seem to get fed up with just kibble. I have tried adding in some vegetables which has kept his interest for a little while and I have recently added in some wet food mixed through it which he seems to enjoy.

Todays experiment with a chicken wing was to see how he coped with it. Well he has picked it up, carried it about, chewed on it, slept a bit, chewed some more, thrown it about, slept again and finally finished it.

It looks like it was a big success. But I think we are going to have to find a way to either pen him in while he is eating these sorts of things or he is going to have to eat in the garden!

Before we can move to a BARF diet I do need to do some more research so that I can ensure he is getting all the essential vitamins and minerals and I probably need a larger freezer and a food processor so that I can prepare ahead and freeze in portions.

You can also buy it in ready prepared but I need to research that more too.

No comments:

Post a Comment