Tuesday 7 February 2012

The neglected blog

I'm finding it tough to keep up with the blog, do a full time job and give Rodders the attention needs.

I don't want to blog for the sake of it as many days are the same - we get up, I either get washed and dressed and we go for a walk up the rugby field where Rodders gets to run about or I get showered and dressed but we only have time for a quick walk around the block because of the extra time it takes to dry my hair.

Rodders gets taken out by Sue, the dog walker, on Mondays and Thursdays and he gets an early day on Wednesday when Skevi comes to clean (she is happy for him to chase her about!) and Fridays when I finish at 4pm and come straight home to take him out for a run about.

I come home each lunchtime and after an initial fuss Rodders usually ignores me and goes off to play with his toys or in the garden.

In the evening he wants to play and be with me, whatever I am doing. I try to make sure he gets combed through at least every other day, especially at the moment as his coat is quite long and his legs tend to get quite knotty and scruffy very quickly.

When OH is here Rodders gets at least half an hour alone with him in the morning before being sent upstairs to wake me. In the evening he gets to play for at least an hour with OH and it is usually much rougher play than he would get with me. We usually spend a little while training and practicing what we learnt at training school each week and, right now, I am trying to teach him to bring toys back to me so that I can throw them again.

So for now the blog will be updated as and when, to record our highs and lows.

No comments:

Post a Comment