Sunday 15 January 2012

So who do I thing that special someone is watching over us?

I am sure finding the things I have lost and seeing Finnan improving is something that didn't just happen, I am convinced that my Mum is watching over us.

She was the most amazing lady and she would have been 90 years old today. She was the most amazing lady and a brilliant Mum. She was born in Glasgow, the youngest of 7 children, and was brought up on Loch Long on the Clyde Coast. She married my Dad, who was in the RAF, in 1942 when she was 22 years old by special licence and went on to have 7 children of her own with me being the youngest.

She saw many heartaches including losing four of her children and her first grandchild but nothing ever brought her down until the later years of her life. She was an amazing role model for all of us and we miss her dearly.

I have been asked many times to write down the stories of her life and maybe it is something I should start to do. I am sure that she continues to look down upon us and guide us through life.

Her proudest achievement was her grandchildren and, from the day we knew she was going to be a Granny, we all started to call her Granny. She would be very proud of how brilliantly her three granddaughters have turned out and with the paths that they have all chosen.

Thank you Granny for everything you did for us all over the years and for continuing to do that. You are much loved and missed.

Jean Stafford Mitchell, nee Martin, or just Granny - 15/01/1922 - 10/9/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment