Thursday 26 January 2012

Grooming

Rodders regularly gets put on the grooming table and combed through to remove knots and dried mud. He is quite happy on the grooming table and will let me mess about with him for ages.

OH spotted that Rodders is slipping quite a lot on our laminate floors so he had a look at his feet and thought that the hair between his pads needed trimming. I looked and think that he is right but his nails also need trimming.

Since the Schnauzer Grooming Workshop in November I have managed to trim two of his pads but I haven't tried to trim his nails, this could be fun.

So I put him on the grooming table and managed to trim two claws but he was wriggling all the time and I had to give in. When OH was here we both had a go at trimming the hair between his pads and we got 2 done but it was a bit of a trauma and Rodders just won't stay still.

I have also charged up the clippers as I think I am going to have to get him used to the noise before I go anywhere near him with them.

So, we have a lot of work to do to get him used to being groomed properly and not just being combed or brushed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment