Friday 28 October 2011

Leaving Rodders

I had to nip out to the shop and post office and Rodders isn't allowed in to either of them so he had to be left at home in his crate.

I made sure that he had piddled and pooped and it was close to his usual nap time before I went and then out him in his crate with some treats. He was crying by the time I reached the door and I could still hear him as I made my way to the car. I had covered the crate so it wasn't that.

When I got back 40 minutes later all was quiet and I was talking to him as I put the shopping down and then I lifted the cover on the crate. The puppy pad is wrecked and the water bowl is empty but he is sat in his bed looking OK. I really wish I knew how to stop this.

We went straight in to the garden but he wasn't interested in doing anything, he just wanted to be by me. We came back in and he followed me as I put the shopping away and made a cuppa. I then gathered everything I needed and went and sat on the sofa. Rodders fell asleep in my arms almost instantly so he can't have rested much while I was out. I have transferred him and snuggle fleece to the floor and he is asleep with his head on my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment