Tuesday 25 October 2011

Rodders has a new playmate



I left Rodders in his crate while I went to Tesco's I could hear him crying as I walked to the car :-( I was away 40 minutes and he was not crying when I got back but he was sitting in the corner of his crate shaking, he had managed to pull up part of the puppy pad and had moved his water bowl but not upended it. How on earth do we stop this?

As I let him out in the garden for a piddle the front door bell rang and Sophie from No1 had brought him a toy and some treats. I invited her in and Rodders was his usual shy self. I let her give him a treat which seemed to help and he was soon happy to have a sniff and check she was OK. She was very sensible and waited for him to go to her. He then started to play a bit with his new cow toy, it is a real hit. He then wanted to go in the garden so we went out there, he had a piddle and a bit of a run around chasing me. I brought out his monkey and Sophie soon got him playing tug with that so I beat a hasty retreat to put the shopping away. It is so nice to see him playing with someone else!

He was quite comfortable with Sophie so I kept popping in and out to check they were OK and managed to get his crate put back together and locate the paperwork for the vets before Sophie left. I did smile as she was giving me tips on how to look after a dog  (don't give it yoghurt from the pot or it will jump up when it sees you eating it, for one), she is desperate to have a dog of her own and is making do with a tortoise and stick insects. She is very willing to walk Rodders whenever she can, I am sure that she will be very responsible with him and I know I would have been as eager at her age. I did make it clear that she is welcome to visit whenever she likes and she doesn't need to bring a new toy or treats with her!

Since she has gone he has been running around like a lunatic, from the front window to the conservatory and back again, sometimes with a toy, sometimes without. He then stopped for a big long drink, closely followed by moving the water bowl about and splashing water everywhere! He got trapped behind the baby gate while I cleared up and wasn't happy at all that he couldn't help with the kitchen roll activity!

I have now let him out and he has not quietened down at all. I suspect a trip to the vets will sort that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment