Wednesday 26 October 2011

Please can I have a sleep now?

Rodders was happy to carry on playing after OH left. Sometimes on his own and sometimes asking for me to join in. He asked to go out and had a play in the garden and came back in a little damp. He had a run up and down from the lounge, through the conservatory and back again skidding around the corners.

And then he went to the sofa and had a little whine. Come on Mum, I have been playing for almost 2 hours and I am tired now. I grabbed what I needed and brought him up on my knee on snuggle fleece and then moved him to the floor. He has asked to come back up again but I managed to settle him on the floor. He is having a bit of a scratch and hasn't gone back off to sleep yet, but it won't be long.

Or maybe not! Rodders asked to come back up and he has wriggled and squirmed and tried to bite and will not take no for an answer so he has been put back down. I went and switched the lights out and he ambled in to the kitchen for a chew at his carrot and then in to his crate for a drink (he has two water bowls and he doesn't generally use this one!), finally he settled himself on a snuggle fleece near the kitchen door. A few minutes later he wandered down to the one at my feet and looks to be settling.

Or maybe not! I think he just needed a rest rather than a snooze. He has been to collect his kitchen roll inner, with a quick stop for some more breakfast and another drink, and is happily playing with that at my feet

No comments:

Post a Comment