Tuesday 25 October 2011

Cream crackered

Rodders stayed in the kitchen with me most of the time I was cooking dinner but he was desperate to go and get comfy in the lounge. Just as I had a spare 5 minutes to settle him down I called OH to see where he was - back gate, send the dogs out!

So Rodders and I went to the back door to wait. Much as I love OH, he takes an age to get himself out of the car and I was struggling to keep Rodders interest. And then the back gate opened and OH spoke to him, the tail came straight up and started wagging, good job I wasn't looking for a guard dog. As OH came in the back door Rodders went all stupid and backed off. OH & I had a quick cuddle and Rodders ventured closer. Once we had finished OH picked him up for a quick talking to before going off to change for dinner (No, not the DJ, from suit in to casual!) and then came back and kept an eye on Rodders while I finished dinner and sorted the table out. He agrees that Rodders is a fidget arse, is there any wonder he has fallen off the sofa twice, he is far safer on the floor!

As I put everything on the table I moved a Snuggle Fleece to the floor by the Dining Table. As we started to eat Rodders settled down, then he decided to take himself off to bed in the crate - this is a first, he usually only goes as far as the door of his own accord! Or at least he started in his bed and ended up on the puppy pad. This may have given us an insight in to how he upends the water bowl, he pushes his feet against it.

After dinner I tidied away a bit and Rodders was soon up checking what I was doing so I came through to settle him down and put my feet up. Once he was on the floor I went to make a cuppa and he didn't even stir. Having been upset while I was at Tesco I suspect he didn't sleep much, he then played with Sophie and then out to the vets so he hasn't had a lot of sleep during the day today.

Pudding this evening was some lovely Thornton's Chocolates :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment