Wednesday 30 November 2011

A better night

I took Rodders out in to the garden for a piddle at 11pm and once back in he had to be encouraged in to his bed but did get there by himself. I locked up, switched out lights, gave him his treats and closed the crate.

I didn't hear anything until 5.45am. When I let him out of his crate he wanted a quick fuss before darting to the door to go out for a piddle. He came back in for another fuss and then asked to go out again for a poo.

When he came back in he went straight to the rolled up carpet in the lounge and had a quick play with his new toy and then, when I curled up on the sofa, he asked to come too so I put a snuggle fleece down between my head and knees and popped him on it. He wanted to lick me to death for 5 minutes and then settled down. The pair of us slept there until 7.30 when I needed to go upstairs to use the bathroom.

Rodders followed me up but then stretched himself out on the landing and didn't move when I came back downstairs. I went and made a cuppa and got his breakfast ready before he started to squeak. When I went to check he had got himself halfway down the stairs and was sat on a step squeaking at me. I encouraged him down the rest of the way and he came in to the lounge and curled up on his new bed pad.

Not ready for breakfast yet then!

No comments:

Post a Comment