Tuesday 22 November 2011

Freedom

OH and I went to B&Q and then on to Pizza Express for something to eat.

It was a very strange experience for me. Having never been a parent I have never had to leave a baby or child at home for the first time. This all sounds weird and jumbled up in my head as I have left him alone during the day for short periods and with my niece but it felt different to leave him at night.

OH knows me so well and he was brilliant at letting me worry for a bit and then taking my mind of it, but Rodders was our main topic of conversation. OH keeps reminding me of how brilliantly I am doing and how much Rodders and I have learnt over the last few weeks.

We were home just after 9pm so we had been out for a couple of hours. There was silence as we walked from the car and as we walked in the door. Rodders was looking in our direction as we came in the lounge and was very happy to see us. He came out of his crate for a fuss and then I went to make a cuppa and OH went up to get changed. When I turned around Rodders had taken himself back to bed.

OH came back downstairs and we sat on the sofa's. Rodders was watching and listening and then decided that maybe bed wasn't the best place to be. He came out and went straight to OH for a snuggle. He was happy to know that I was there and he kept looking over at me, but he was a very happy puppy to be snuggling with OH.

No comments:

Post a Comment