Monday 14 November 2011

Cooking dinner

Once Rodders was awake again I sent him out for a piddle and a bark at someone in the garages before taking him in to the kitchen to start on dinner for tonight and soup for lunch for the next couple of days.

It used to be an easy task, I would take him in with a couple of toys to keep him amused and I could get on with cooking, and of course he used to be shattered by this time of day and may also have fallen asleep on his snuggle fleece. Now he is bigger this isn't such an easy task as he can reach the towels hanging in the kitchen door (there purely for decoration) and, when I drop the oven door he can get to the towels and oven glove that I use on a daily basis.

This is the first time that I have had to constantly keep an eye on what he is up to while I am cooking and I needed eyes in the back of my head. If I had his attention he would come away from something much easier and get a fuss.

Rodders came out in to the passage with me while I got the vegetables I needed for dinner and didn't want to come back to me when called. And then I found out why, he had pooped on the carpet :-( I cleaned up and got on with dinner.

As I was peeling and slicing he got a couple of carrot tops, a bit of butternut squash and the broccoli stalk and these kept him quiet for a little while and I also gave him his supper and he ate about half of that.

I dropped a spice jar down the back of the larder cupboard and Rodders shot to the end of the kitchen looking guilty, I wonder what he was doing as I did that?

I was talking to OH as I was cooking to see how close he was to home and started to tell Rodders that he was on his way home, I don't think he really understood!

No comments:

Post a Comment