Friday 18 November 2011

The start of an adventure

Rodders is so good in the car, rarely makes a sound, but he has taken to barking when I switch the engine off, I think he is worried that I might leave him in the car again.

I managed to get us both packed without Rodders suspecting too much and we left home just after lunch and called in to where I used to work so they could get a progress update on Rodders. They all thought that he had grown and looked very smart with his new haircut. He got so much fuss, I managed a couple of hugs and kisses too!

We said our goodbyes and got back in the car, as I started to reverse out of my parking space another car was hooting at me. I checked to see who it was and realised that it was a friend so stopped the car again, Rodders barked when he could hear us talking so I got him back out.

So glad I stopped, my friend was in need of a big hug as she suddenly lost her aunt last week and has had to cope with that, arranging the funeral and getting her parents home from the caribbean, poor her. It is so much better for our loved ones that they don't have a long, lingering death but such a shock to those left behind.

We said our goodbyes and Rodders went back in his car crate without any fuss, it may have something to do with the fact that he always gets a puppy treat though!

No comments:

Post a Comment