Thursday 3 November 2011

Afternoon

We put the shopping away and played a bit and then Rodders took himself off in to the garden so I took the opportunity to give a pal a call, been a bit worried about her as she disappears when she is not feeling good and won't answer the phone or emails. It was my lucky day as she answered and we chatted for about half an hour.

I hung up on her, changed my boots for wellies, and put my coat on ready to take Rodders for a walk. I called him in from the garden and locked the patio door and he started making little crying noises so I went and got his lead so that he would know he was coming too. He ran off with it to the rolled up carpet but sat on there while I put it on.

Once we were outside he walked nicely most of the time until we got stopped by the man with the bin (see yesterday!) and then he stopped. The man spotted him and came to talk to him, with a bit of encouragement he let him give him a fuss.

We walked to the rugby field and he was happy sniffing about, stopping to look, then walking some more. Until some git let off a very noisy firework! Rodders shot off and nearly strangled himself on the lead and I had to take quietly to calm him down. We managed to spend about 10 minutes on the rugby field before heading home, stopping to talk to Kev in his van on route. Rodders was happy to come up in my arms so that Kev could give him a fuss but started to wriggle after a while. I put him back down and he had a piddle.

I have started making him sit at roads, he doesn't quite understand that he then has to move when told though so I need to work on that! May need to take treats on our walk too.

No comments:

Post a Comment