Friday 23 December 2011

Another day at work

Rodders and I were up at 6.30am and, he was soon barking for his breakfast, after he had been out for a piddle.

He was quite cuddly so I was late going for a shower which meant that he only got a quick walk around the block. When it was time for me to go to work he went in to his crate without too much trouble, this really is amazing when he isn't getting any treats.

I spent the morning going through the last bits of my handover with Debbie and then came home for lunch. Rodders was very pleased to see me and was barking by the time I came through the lounge door. He wasn't in any rush to go out in to the garden but did have a piddle eventually. I gave him his lunch and opened the post while I ate it. We then had a play of fetch and a snuggle before it was time for me to go back to work. He wasn't happy about going back in the crate and needed encouraging in. He sat with his back to me as I locked it and gave two barks and a whine as I walked away from the house, I couldn't hear him by the time I got to the car.

We had a slow afternoon and when it was time for me to come home Debbie, the lady I am taking over from, told me that she would be happy to puppy sit whenever I need her to. She lost her Cocker Spaniel, Eric, earlier this year and already looks after a couple of dogs for her friends. Is this the home from home I have been looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment