Monday 5 December 2011

Our first cold walk

After I had drunk a cuppa and Rodders had been out for a play in the garden it was time to go for a walk.

As soon as he saw me put on my coat he was dancing about and jumping up which always makes it a bit difficult to get my wellies on and he did get told off for biting them but wellies with holes in are not good!

We eventually got out the door and headed for the Nicky Line, with Rodders barking to let everyone know he was about. He did walk to heel most of the time but can be easily distracted if there are people about. We walked towards the rugby field and, as the Nicky Line was a bit muddy, went on to the field as soon as we could. Rodders sat while I switched leads and was then off darting about sniffing and looking for treasure.

When we were walking the second side of the field a staffie came from nowhere to have a good sniff, Rodders didn't seem bothered by it but I was a little concerned at a loose dog with no visible owner. Then there was a shout from the Nicky Line and the staffie took off at a great rate of knots and I breathed a sigh of relief!

On the third side we met a man with a 10 month old Westie, he and Rodders had a good time playing for a little while.

When we got to the bottom of the third side he was quite happy to sit for a little while and watch and listen to a lady in the bus stop with two little ones in a pushchair. This is the most interest that he has shown in children!

As we got to the end of the fourth side he sat while I swapped leads back but he did need checking a few times to remind him that he was on a short lead.

By the time we got home the edges of my ears were freezing! Good job Christmas is around the corner as I think Santa may be sorting that out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment