Friday 16 December 2011

The first taste of snow

At bedtime I sent Rodders out in to the garden for a final piddle and then he climbed in to the crate. There wasn't a peep out of him until he heard OH's alarm go off.

OH came downstairs and tried to get Rodders to go out for a piddle but Rodders stuck his nose out, saw this funny white stuff falling from the sky and decided he wasn't having any of it. At that point OH decided that this was something I shouldn't miss so shouted up to me.

I came down and tried to get Rodders to go out but he wouldn't stick anything more than his nose out! I dashed back upstairs to get some shoes and I walked in to the garden and Rodders followed me. He had a quick piddle and a poo and wandered about sniffing the snow before we headed back indoors.

I had been having problems sending the paperwork back to the agency so OH was trying to do that for me and so I got his breakfast ready, I then realised that I needed to get washed and dressed quickly as I have to go with OH so that he can drop me off to get my car.

OH had a shower and got dressed with Rodders help. He seems to have worked out the difference between play clothes and work clothes and once OH started to put on his suit Rodders sat down and watched instead of playing and trying to tug his clothes.

OH and Rodders came back downstairs and he went out to load the car. I got my coat on and slipped on Rodders lead and carried Rodders out to the car. He wasn't sure about being in the front on my knee and shook all the way down the town, luckily it is only a 5 minute journey. I am really happy that he would rather be in his care crate as he is so much safer in there.

Back home Rodders had a piddle on his way in from the car and was happy to settle indoors on his bed pad. He has been there ever since and so I have been able to catch up with the blog and make some phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment