Tuesday 13 December 2011

Christmas Tree shopping with OH

On the way home I got a call from my best friend. She was on her way in to London and needed me to pay her congestion charge for her. I said I would ring her back as soon as I was home.

When I got home Rodders was so excited, first OH and then me! He was squeaking with pleasure and wanted to be with both of us at once. Apparently he heard OH open the gate and started to bark.

We both needed to get changed and I needed to get tonights dinner in the slow cooker and start the pan of soup for lunch. Rodders was up and down the stairs chasing us. We also had to get the Christmas decorations out of the loft and Rodders isn't too keen on anyone being up a ladder so he was barking a bit. He didn't seem too bothered by all the strange boxes being put in to the spare bedroom though and just gave them a cursory sniff. I also remembered to call my pal back and sort out her congestion charge.

Once we were done and he had been out in to the garden for a piddle it was time to go back in his crate so that we could go shopping. This is the first time that he has had to go back in there after a short period of freedom but it will be good practice if I go back to work. This time I gave him a puppy tubos as a special treat, he hasn't had one of these before and I hoped that it would keep him amused for a little while as it is much bigger than his normal treats.

We headed off to Homebase for some tinsel and to the sorting office for the parcel before heading out to the Christmas Tree Farm. We have been buying our tree's here for many years and they always have great tree's and do us a good deal. They are ex irish travellers and always have horses, dogs and children about. We found the perfect tree and, once it was put through the wrapper, we were soon on our way home.

OH propped the tree up at the corner of the conservatory and then we let Rodders out of his crate. He hadn't made a sound although I know he was watching us come in. After a quick fuss we let him out in to the garden. He went and sniffed the tree and then started to eat the wrapper!

No comments:

Post a Comment